Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Friday, January 16, 2015

VBS Institute 2015: Journey off the Map!

   Last week I had an amazing time at VBSI--Vacation Bible School Institute.  Even though it was in the teens outside in the mountains of North Carolina--inside was full of bright ideas, lots of VBS geeks and an excitement to teach children about God's love this summer as we take a "Journey off the Map" and learn to walk God's way!  Below you'll find just a few of the scenes from around VBSI.  There was non-stop training and activity.  I wish I had had more time to go everywhere and see everything, but I think you'll be inspired:


Craft table.  I loved the idea of cutting the longer Journey Off the Map plastic tablecloths and putting them over an orange (or brown) plasic tablecloth.  Very colorful and welcoming for children!  I'll be teaching crafts this year for the State Team...so LOTS of craft pics to come!!
This is the back of the "shop" where you could purchase t-shirts and all kinds of VBS swag.  LOVED the idea of posters on pallets and the ferns placed around it are just perfect...and super easy!!
Shady Grove Crafts.  I'm thinking about making these flowers.  Couldn't be easier.  Pool noodles on a plunger with snack trays!
Decorating Made Easy with Mr. MarkGo Mr. Mark's Classroom for full instructions.

More from Mr. Mark!
I think this is my all time favorite!  Tree houses made from upside down card tables and the bridge from empty fabric bolts!  Mr. Mark is awesome!


     I enjoyed my weekend so very much.  I learned a lot about HOW to do VBS.  But the best part? Focusing lots of time on the WHY we do VBS.  So inspiring.  May we never, ever forget WHY we do VBS.   We do it to reach children and their families with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  That doesn't just happen.  We must be intentional.  Intentional about our outreach, follow-up and relationship building.  Will you help make a difference in the Kingdom through the wonderful gift of VBS this summer? 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How do you attach the snack tray to the noodle?

The Goebels said...

How did you make the tree houses?

Lady Beth said...

Every year I cringe as I go into the VBS week -- all the work, all the time, everything else that's not getting done. BUT, coming out is also the same every year -- WOW, look what God did!