Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Lottie Moon Tea Cookies



     December is the month when we (Southern Baptists) focus on The Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for International Missions.  Last Sunday, I decided to share about Lottie Moon with the children during the morning service as part of a Children's Sermon.  I went HERE to get the idea for the children's sermon.  I shared with the children about Lottie Moon and her love for the people of China.  At the conclusion, each child received a bag of Lottie Moon's Cookies.  (I found the recipe on Pinterest.  I added a bit of baking soda.)  You can see my Pinterest Missions board HERE.


These are some of the easiest cookies ever to make.  I thought about Lottie and how she must have baked non-stop to give cookies to all those children in China 100 years ago!

Lottie used something as simple as a plain cookie to find an open door to share the Gospel--what could we use today?


No comments: