Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Monday, December 22, 2014

Baby Jesus Ornament #2


     Last year I shared with you a Baby Jesus ornament.  This year I had fun making a little bit of a different type with my 1st and 2nd graders in Sunday School.  I found the idea on Pinterest



     These were super easy to make.  I hot glued the craft sticks together to form a manger.  (I did this before the kids arrived.)  We put a brown paper backing behind the manger so we'd have something to stick the hay to (raffia).  The children cut the raffia themselves.  They glued on the raffia with regular glue.  Baby Jesus' face was cut from cream colored card stock using a quarter as a template.  The swaddling clothes were cut from some leftover white fleece I had.  Felt, burlap or wide ribbon would be other good options.  I hot glued a red chenille stem to the back so that it could be hung on the tree. 

No comments: