Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sunday School with my 4's and 5's~~~Joshua and Caleb

This past Sunday we learned about how Moses sent 12 spies into the Land of Canaan.  10 gave a bad report, and 2 gave a good report.  The 2 that gave a good report were Joshua and Caleb.  The trusted and obeyed God.
 
 
The spies brought back huge grapes from the Promised Land.  We made our grapes using cardboard tubes and purple washable paint.

A trick I learned a long time ago is to use a paper towel when doing any kind of "stamping" techniques with paint.  It creates a sort of "stamp pad" and has less drips and smudges.


(Before we stamped our grapes the children first drew the leaves for the grapes.)




Building the Land of Canaan.  Do you see the 12 spies?


 
Love God.  Deuteronomy 6:5


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this craft! I especially love the 12 spies with the building blocks my sunday school class will have fun with this idea! Thank you!!!!

Unknown said...

So glad you liked it! (I use Lifeway's curriculum.)