Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Monday, July 14, 2014

Pinned it/Did it! ~~~ Guest Book Alternative

     This past weekend our Sunday School class had a baby shower/fellowship by the pool.  We had a cookout and let the kids swim.  I didn't want the typical formal guestbook, so I found a few ideas on Pinterest that got me started.  All the guests were bringing children's books for gifts, so I thought bookmarks were the way to go! 
These were my supplies: Tiny punch, paper cutter, Behr paint chips (I chose the lilac/lavender colors since that is what the baby's room will be decorated in.), ribbon, card stock and glue stick.

I cut the paint chips so that you could not see any of the writing.  (These extra-large paint chips worked great!)

I had lots of fun with the punches.  Some of the bookmarks I punched into the paint chips, and the others I glued the punches onto them.  I put card stock on the back to give it more weight (and to cover up the writing).  I put a hole punch in the top and added the ribbon.  I put them all in a basket and the guests signed them. 


I hope baby and family will enjoy their keepsake bookmarks for years to come! 

No comments: