Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Big Reveal: House Exterior Before and After!


I'm so excited to share with you our new home!  We have a long way to go on the inside...but the outside is pretty much DONE!  After lots of paint and bush-trimming...TADA!




The before...as in before we even moved in!

Those shaker shingles really needed attention!

But we could see the potential!
Testing out the color!  (Crazy: The painter had some paint leftover from a previous job...it was the EXACT color I had already picked out!)  We used Knight's Armor by Olympic.


I painted the shutters.  I took them to Home Depot and asked if I could paint them with a paintbrush and they said that would work...so I painted all 30 or so of them.  (With a little help from my son!)  Just took 2 days.

All done.  I painted them an "off black" color.  I didn't want jet black.

All done!  We were so pleased!  Bushes whacked, shutters like new, shingles painted, lights updated!










4 comments:

Jan king said...

I love it, you did such a wonderful job in your colors....

Unknown said...

Looks great! Lots of decisions! Lots of work! BIG payoff! (and, I was not surprised that a Paulk would chose a paint called "Knight's Armor"!!

Unknown said...

Thank you!!

Hope Underwood said...

The dark paint looks so much better. Don’t get me wrong, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the previous one. It’s just the new paint matched the bricks better. Cheers to your mini house facelift! Any more upcoming house makeovers on the line?

Hope Underwood @ Level and Square Construction