Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Free May Issue of "This Old Schoolhouse Magazine"

     The May issue of "This Old Schoolhouse Magazine" is now available here.  I just love this homeschooling magazine!  It has something for everyone, no matter your style of homeschooling.  As I was reading through all the different articles written by a wide range of homeschoolers, I was thinking, "Which homeschooler am I?"  I think I'd say I'm "Literary Homeschooler" with a good touch of "Classical". 
     One of my favorite articles is: "The Promise of Education Technology".  It caught my attention because I often cringe at the thought of children (and adults) spending so much time in front of a screen.  (I just heard today on the news the average child spends 7 hours a day in front of a computer, TV, phone, or video game screen!)
     Two quotes from the article really stood out to me: "....the best tools for giving our children a quality education are the simplest ones: books, paper and our time." and "Read widely and deeply."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your post about our TOS magazine. Would you mind emailing me at my TOS email address:
pmills@thehomeschoolmagazine.com

I would love to ask you a question or two.

Thank you for your time !

Pat Mills
Marketing Dept for TOS magazine