Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Friday, April 11, 2014

VBS Clinic 2014 (Agency D3)

     Last night was our association's VBS training.  We had over 200 teachers, directors and pastors attend!  (And 25 attend from my church!) It was a great night of fellowship, excitement and learning.  If you are doing Lifeway Agency D3 in your church, perhaps these pictures will inspire you! 

I mustache you a question, but I'll shave it for later. I have to say, I'm excited to have an excuse to decorate with mustaches!  (I even saw mustache duct tape being used last night!) 

I co-lead the director's training.  This table is all I had time to take a picture of.  This was an extra display area. My boys helped with it.  They had so much fun dragging out all their old spy gear/gadgets from years ago.  (When they really thought they were spies!)  The bigger pieces were made by someone else, but the gadgets are just scattered around the table.)

Who has a lava lamp?  Perfect for Agency D3!

Entrance to the Craft Lab. 

Displayed on the table in our room.  I used black sheets for tablecloths.

Undercover Spy Watches.  These are Lifeway Craft Packs.  I had fun making these.  By the 3rd or 4th one, I finally figured out the best way!  We used these in the training for discovering the 6 steps to recruiting and training workers.


If you are planning to make these watches, I highly recommend Glue Dots!  (They are not included in the pack.)

Evidence Boxes


Something as simple as small memo tablets.  Goes with the theme, can be used in the classroom, and adds color!



The spy glasses are going to be so much fun! (One tip: leave them off when teaching children.  Eye contact is so important!!)

Last year, I wish I had bought stock in swim noodles.  This year it's manilla envelopes!
The investigation tape as a table runner...I like it!
Brilliant idea when you don't have time to decorate everything!




Fun revolving "siren" light!  (No sound)

Glow sticks in upside down jars...brilliant and easy!


Just a thought.....
     I have noticed some pins on Pinterest showing ideas for making "bombs" for the Agency D3 Theme.  This doesn't seem like the best idea to me. There are so many other fun ideas...why have something that could strike fear in the heart of a child?  If you want to try out those "cute" ideas at your child's spy birthday party, go for it.  I just think we need to avoid it in our churches.   (A Good alternative is to make "rocket packs" that look like Rocket Pack Jack from the daily movie.)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My son enjoys playing spy. I see a few ideas I can share with him, thanks! I agree about the bombs. I steer play away from that.