Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Home Renovation: Painting the Built-in and an Easter-themed Bookshelf



     I promised that I'd be sharing our home renovations...so here's the first one!  I needed to unpack lots of books, so one of the first projects I tackled was one of the built-ins.  It was a very dark burnt orange color.  I wanted it white. 





It took 2 coats of Kilz and 2 coats of white to cover it up. 

Feels better already.



So much better that this!  But...I still have this side to tackle!

Feel the difference?
Ahhh...white and bright!  I still have to paint the cabinets and trim, but at least I was able to unload some book boxes and have at least a corner of our house that felt like "me." 

I had fun decorating the shelf for Easter.

An old crate I found in the barn at my Mom's and Dad's last fall. It's all cleaned up and is perfect for holding DVDs.

So excited to find a home for my "Little White Church!"  This built- in comes with electricity...perfect to plug in the lights for my church.  (Oh, and the big pine cone is compliments of my oldest son.  Lots of pine cones where we live!)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see more!