Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Field Trip: "Opera Scenes"

    Last night my family and I had a real treat.  We attended a 2 hour "Opera Scenes" production at a nearby university.  We did not see an entire opera, but rather a sampling of scences from popular operas.  My husband had experienced the opera before, but this was my first time.  It was a first for my sons as well.  The verdict...We LOVED it!  (Oh, and it was free, so we really loved it!!)
 
Here are a few scenes from our evening:
 
"La Cenerentola" (better known to us as "Cinderella")
This one was hilarious!



"The Abduction from the Seraglio"
(Also a really funny scene!)

"Fidelio"

"Albert Herring"

 "Hansel and Gretel"

 Taking a bow...

(There was also a scene from Hamlet.)

No comments: