Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Nativity Activities with my 4's and 5's

Our Sunday School lesson (and verse) was "Jesus was born in Bethlehem". 
Building a barn for the nativity set.  (A plastic barn came with the set, but it was so much better to build our own!)







The boys and girls had a fun time looking at hay through a magnifying glass. 

I lay a background picture inside of a cookie sheet.  The Nativity figures are saved from last year.  They have magnets attached to them.  This could easily be done at home.  You could cut out various nativity figures from old Christmas cards. 
We had several Nativity puzzles to put together.
My class LOVES puzzles!



On a sweet note....
One of the children in my class was at church Sunday night playing in our Sunday School room while the "big kids" practiced for the Christmas program.   His grandmother told me he had built the barn and told her the whole story of Jesus being born.  Makes me SMILE!  :)





No comments: