Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pinned it/Did it! (Dust Ruffle Alternative)

     I pinned THIS IDEA to my "Home Decor" board awhile back.  I was (and still am) in the process of updating the Master Bedroom, and thought I might use this idea from Martha Stewart.  The idea is to use a sheet to cover the box spring.  Martha matched her box spring to her mattress, but I like a little more contrast/interest.
 
tip from Martha! Get an extra fitted sheet and cover the box spring. You can get the plain ones from target. --Bed-Couch Improvement on the cheap!
 
     As it turned out, my new comforter/new mattress was not working out.   The new box spring was taller than our previous one, and my comforter shorter than the one I had before.  (Sorry...I didn't take a "before" picture.)  You could clearly see the box springs.  It bugged me for weeks. 
 
     I was so excited to find a queen sheet set for just $20 at TJMaxx.  I just love the Damask pattern.  I used the fitted sheet to cover the box springs.  And...wah-lah...no need to make or purchase a dust ruffle!  (I like dust ruffles...I just really didn't want to cover up the pretty wood of our bed.  If I didn't have such pretty wood...using a dust ruffle would probably have been my 1st choice.)







No comments: