Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Monday, May 26, 2014

Hobo Dinners and Cornbread


     I don't share too many recipes, but thought I'd share what we had for dinner tonight.  Hobo Dinners and Cornbread are one of my favorite meals for 3 reasons: 1) Cheers from the boys when they know I'm fixing it, 2) It's very economical and 3) SO easy!
     There are lots of hobo dinner recipes out there.  Ours is pretty basic: ground beef (whatever is on sale!), potatoes (red or russet), carrots (baby or regular), yellow onion, Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and just a tad of water.  I cook for about 45 min. at 400 degrees. (All put in individual tin foil packets.) I really don't measure anything or pay particular order to how I put it all in the foil.  It always comes out tasting the same.
     Our hobo dinner meal would just not be complete without cornbread.  I recently found a Paula Deen recipe for moist and easy cornbread that I just love.  After having cornbread made with buttermilk you'll never go back!  My cornmeal is from Nora Mill Granary in Helen, Ga.  (I shared in a post HERE about using their bread flour.) 




Oh, how I wish I lived closer!

No comments: