Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Monday, September 5, 2011

What is more dangerous than falsehood?

The Lotus and the Cross: Jesus Talks with Buddha

     This is a book by Ravi Zacharias (a preeminent Christian apologist) that I have been reading over the last week or so.  The book contains an imaginary conversation between Buddah and Jesus.  It is stretching me a bit.    My pastor husband is the one who always is reading the theology books.  This is a small book, so I thought I could digest it better.  Come to find out, it may be small---but there is quite a bit to take in.  I am halfway through this 94 page book.  I decided to read this book after really enjoying a short video by Ravi Zacharias on my husband's blog--plus the fact that we are studying Buddism and other world religions in our homeschool studies this year.  I admit that I am not very well versed in their beliefs, so I wanted to become more learned in this area if my sons had questions.  
     As my  boys and I have been studying these world religions (mostly through literature), what is most shocking is how so much of what they say sounds familiar to our Christian beliefs.  We have been discussing this and how this can be so dangerous.  Satan doesn't just tell a lie; he takes a little truth and then wraps a great big lie around it.  My most favorite quote from the Lotus and the Cross so far is:  "When you mix falsehood with truth, you create a more destructive lie." 


No comments: