Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Monday, September 19, 2011

When you.... Sit, Walk, Lie, Get up



     I have never officially claimed a "life verse", but Deuteronomy 6:5-7 would definitely be in the running.  (Not sure if it would count since it is three verses!) This scripture is so important to me, and held such a conviction that I wanted the words in my home where I could read them daily.  It is my reminder and encouragement of why we homeschool and seek to raise our children in the fear and admonition of the Lord.  (I especially need that on some days!)  I am not saying, by the way, that this verse means for everyone to homeschool.  It is for me (and my husband) a personal conviction.  I feel strongly that I can be more obedient to this scripture if I am with my children all day throughout their day.  (I am hoping that "walking the aisles at Publix" also counts for "walking along the road".)

     I thought some of my (crafty or not-so-crafty) readers would  like to see the canvases I painted.  It was really simple!  I just painted a canvas with three coats of acrylic paint.  The circles were made by dipping a plastic cup in white paint and then randomly placing them on the canvas.  I penciled in the verse, then painted over it with an paint pen.  I think the entire project might have been $10 or less.  Now this hangs in my laundry room (where I spend a lot of my time and I needed to cover up a painting blunder!)  

     What is your "life verse(s)"?  I'd love to hear what scripture God has used to comfort, guide, instruct or encourage you!  


No comments: