Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Friday, October 11, 2013

Fall Decor at My Mama's House

Last week we went to visit my parents for a "Fall Break" of sorts.  I just had to do a feature on all my mom's fall decor.  There was something in every room....but here are a few highlights.  Enjoy the tour!

A crow atop a tower of old crocks


One of my favorite pieces my mom has (maybe because I bought it for her...hehe!)  I'm still kicking myself for not buying one for myself the same day.    I purchased it at an end-of-season sale for around $7.  Now you know why I'm really kicking myself! 

My mom has a knack for using stuff she's had forever and using it in a new way.  I had not seen this light-up ceramic owl since my childhood.  I love how cute it looks!  And owls are BACK!


The butcher block in the kitchen is always decorated with the seasons.  I love how my dad made the rolling pin towel holder.  Underneath is a crock full of old rolling pins.


Duck decoys on wood slices



I love  the scarecrow nestled in with the quilt and old school book reader. 



At the backdoor: scarecrow, pumpkins on wood slices, old wooden crate decorative cabbage and mums


Don't you just love the cute little pilgrim boy carrying a pumpkin? 

No comments: