Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Preschool Sunday School~Peter had Breakfast with Jesus

I had a wonderful Sunday morning with my sweet kiddos as we learned about how Jesus taught us and showed us how to be loving.  Jesus was loving by cooking breakfast for friends after he worked a miracle to provide a net full of fish for them. 


Making a pattern with fish....

...and putting them on a stringer.
Auburn fans may notice the orange-blue-orange-blue pattern!
The children really enjoyed this activity.  This net I got years ago comes in handy for so many Bible lessons!

Acting out the story in the block center.

Building the boat for the fishing disciples.

We used "net" from a recycled fruit bag.
Puzzle Center: Working a puzzle from the kit.  We also worked a similar wooden puzzle during group time.

I set up our Book Center with Christmas books and the Nativity Scene.  (This is something easily done at home for children or grandchildren!)


Okay...somehow the Wise Men snuck in there!  I placed them in the corner to show the children they were still traveling...but I guess they just couldn't wait!  :)  



Our Life Verse:
"All things work together for good for those who love God."
Romans 8:28

(Sound like a long verse for preschoolers?  You should hear my 4-year-olds say it! Amazing.  Oh...and the verse is repeated several times in other lessons.  I like that!)

No comments: