Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Upside of Moving (10 to be exact)


     We all are pretty familiar with the downsides of moving: leaving wonderful friends, having to find a new doctor and hairdresser, having to put everything you own into a truck....BUT today I want to focus on the positives of moving because my family is in the midst of it.  Tomorrow is going to be a tough day...our last with our current church family.  (My purse is already stocked with extra tissues!)  My preacher husband (and the rest of us!) have been called to serve a few hours north of here in a wonderful church--one that we feel certain God has called us to.  (We are super excited and expectant of what God has in store!)  So...if your family is in the midst of moving, I hope this gives you some encouragement!

Moving has an upside?  Yep...here are my top 10!

1. Mandated purging.  Because you don't want to take it all with you!

2. Forced organization.  (You are already on step one...putting like things together in a box and labeling them.)  I plan to unpack slowly and put everything away in its proper home.  I guess you could just dump everything in some boxes, but I wouldn't want to face that nightmare!

3. Mandatory prioritizing.  (What to keep?  What really matters? Do I really need _____?)

4. A new home to try out all your Pinterest ideas on! (Like the new gray paint colors!)

5. When else are you going to clean behind the fridge? 

6. As you pack away your kids' things you realize how quickly they are growing up...and commit to enjoying them even more.

7. House shopping!    (I know some people hate it...but I love it.)

8. Your kids (and you!) will be stretched...and that's how we grow!

9. Two words: bubble wrap. 

10.  Adventure!  Moving is a great time for a family to bond together...to see what great things lie ahead...what God has in store.  New friends...new places of service...new places to visit. (And from my eldest son...new birds!)

No comments: