Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Saturday, June 30, 2012

(Part 4 of Family Vacation) Nacoochee Villiage

     Nacoochee Villiage is just 1/2 mile from Helen.  This was the first time I had ever heard or or been there.  I fell in love with this charming villiage.  We ended up visiting the villiage 3 different times!  Here are a few snapshots: 

Since I love making homemade bread, it was a must to visit Nora Mill's Granary. 
(We also spent a lot of time in the antique store pictured above.)

Here is my youngest son looking around the "general store" portion of the granary.

This is the water that powers the mill.  My fellas are checking out all the rainbow trout below.

I purchased some flour and vital wheat gluten.  Excited to try it out...look for that in another post!

 


Shopping for coffee at "Jumpin' Goat Coffee Roasters". 
Our sweet son bought my hubby and I a small package of Hazelnut.
YUM!

"UNATTENDED CHILDREN WILL BE GIVEN CAFFEINE AND A PUPPY!"




BEST Pizza we've ever eaten!!
(I think ours was called the "green" pizza...with pesto and fresh Georgia tomatoes...and I don't even like tomatoes!)



***This wraps up my posts on our vacations***
I was so glad to have this time with my family...to just simply enjoy one another.  What a blessing.





No comments: