Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Monday, January 7, 2013

Winter-themed Mantle

 
When Christmas decorations come down, the house can feel a little "blah", so I like to add a few wintry decorations. 


I use my plate for so many seasons!  I love changing out the verse.


I made my paper snowmen family 10 year ago or so.  They have held together nicely all these years.  I simply tore cardstock, "aged" it a bit with a teabag, then added sticks, carrot nose and a tiny scarf.  I painted a simple terra cotta pot white, then added tiny pinecones inside.  I just love it!

This was my first year to use snowflakes.   An obvious choice, but something I didn't think of until I saw it on Pinterest.  In the past, they've always just been Christmas ornamnets. My grandma made them throughout the years.  (They are "tatted".)


This picture from Pinterest inspired me. 
Pinned Image

http://hoosierhomemade.com/decorate-for-winter-hoosier-cabinet/


A similar snowman project...
Pinned Image

No comments: