Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Monday, October 24, 2011

GratiTuesday (Operation Inasmuch)

     This past Saturday, many churches in our county participated in "Operation Inasmuch".  People came together with the joint purpose of serving some of the elderly in our area who were in great need-- without expecting anything in return.  Floors were repaired, plumbing fixed, yards cleaned and much more.  I loved hearing all the testimonies from those who were "out in the field" that day.  One person commented that an elderly man told him, "I didn't know people did this anymore."
     I am so grateful to be part of a church (and community) that doesn't just say they love others--they actually show it.  I am also grateful to God for giving me the strength and joy I needed to serve Him that day....by providing childcare with 3 other great gals at our church.  What a blessing to serve alongside other brothers and sisters as we serve HIM! 

No comments: