Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Whatever Wednesday #1

Whatever Wednesday

"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for God's glory."  1 Corinthians 10:31


What I'm cooking (for breakfast): Applesauce Bread.  I got the recipe here at Heavenly Homemakers.  I really think of myself as a healthy eater/cook, but I want to be even more so.  This recipe sounded good. Though I love my blueberry muffins, this is made with no white flour or processed sugar!  I think it was a hit--this is what was left of the loaf:


What I've finished: As of last night I finished the entire Narnia Series!  (Finally!~~It has taken me a while!)  I HIGLY recommend this series!  For goodness sake, don't just watch the movies!

What I've started:  A new (to me) Beverly Lewis book: The Postcard

What my kids are up to: Soccer season, birdwatching 

What I am pondering: In my daily devotional (from My Utmost for His Highest) yesterday, Chambers said: "...To be so much in contact with God that you never need to ask Him to show you His will, is to be nearing the final stage of your discipline in the life of faith."  (Obviously, Chambers is not God's Word...but this made for good conversation at the dinner table last night.  I wouldn't go as far to say that you never have to ask God His will, but I get where Chambers is going with that.  Definitely some truth there.) 

What we are learning in our home education: The Greeks. (My boys love the Greek Myths!)  They are currently writing a compare/contrast paper on Athens/Sparta.


So, WHATever are you doing? 

Letha

No comments: