Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Whatever Wednesday #6

Whatever Wednesday
 
 
 
  "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for God's glory." 1 Corinthians 10:31
 
 
What's my latest (fun) purchase:
So excited over this lamp to match my still-in-the-making-redo of our bedroom.  I was so glad I was patient and waited for just the right lamp.  I just love the texture and how it "matches" my new curtains.  (But not so much it looks like it matches too much!) My mom told me decorating always looks better if you collect things over time...and not buy everything all at once.  That way it won't looks store-bought-matchy-matchy!  (And this way is better on the budget!)
 
 
What's going on at church this week:
Tonight we had "Parent Share Night" for Bible Drill.  I had the best time watching parents hang out with their kids as they played games and did activities that reinforced Bible Verses, Books of the Bible, etc.  We had a fun time! 
 
Tonight was also our church-wide Thanksgiving meal.  We had a fantastic turn out and a delicious, traditional meal...my family especially loved the smoked turkey...yummo!!  I love having this time with my church family...they are such a big part of our lives!  :)
 
What I'm looking forward to:
Exercising my right as a homeschool mom to schedule Thanksgiving Break as I see fit.  We begin Friday afternoon--and it will last for at LEAST a week!  (Maybe more--because this mama wants to get her house decorated for Christmas before getting back to our studies!)
 
What I've been listening to:
My youngest son singing throughout the day.  He'll be singing with my preacher husband in a few weeks in church.  Nothing sweeter than hearing them practice in the evenings as my husband plays his guitar.  As we were headed to piano practice today, the song they'll be singing, "His Love Never Fails",  came on the radio, We cranked it up and all sang out!
 
 


No comments: