Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Friday, July 20, 2012

VBS Collage 2012

     Last Night we wrapped up our "Amazing Wonders Aviation" VBS for 2012.  This was my 3rd year directing VBS for our church.  It feels a little weird this morning to be finished.  I have had VBS on the brain since January.  I wanted to share a few "snapshots" from the week.  God really blessed the efforts of those that served Him this week.  I'm so thankful for the opportunity to serve God in this way, and so thankful for the MANY who worked alongside me to make it all possible! 
This was a geodome made in the preschool department.  My oldest son served in this room as a helper. (This was his first year to get to be a helper...he had SUCH a great time.)
This dome was used each evening, but changed its looks according to the Bible story.  What a great focal point!

Waterfalls!  An example of God's Awesome Power!!

1st and 2nd Grade Bible Study: Victoria Falls

Love this idea one of our 4th Grade teachers had!  Painted on the window with acyrlic paint. 
(Comes off with glass cleaner...who knew?)

My drama teacher goes all out....even covered the white bookcase with woodgrain contact paper so it would look like a camp store at the Matterhorn.


The Worship Ralley Airplan Hangar.  We borrowed the plane from a gentleman in our association. 

Here is the geodome again, but changed slightly for the Bible story about the birth of Jesus.  My son and his friend had fun with the 4-year-olds creating this.

My youngest son is in the middle...acting in the 5th grade drama. 

De Plane! De Plane!  We had a special treat Monday night...a pilot in our church did a flyover for the children.

A tradition in our church...boys vs. girls compete in missions giving.  Guess who won this year...the GIRLS!  Yeah, I got to "pie" my husband!!  (Thanks to all the boys who put $$ in the girls' plate!)

We said "Y-E-S" to VBS!






No comments: