Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

GratiTuesday....A Change of Plans

     Last week, my oldest son and my husband were all set to go with our church youth group to Winter Xtreme Conference in Pigeon Forge, TN.  The day before they were to leave my husband's back was hurt and he could hardly walk or bend over.  So, at 8:00 the night before they were to leave, it was decided that I would go instead. I was trying to wrap my brain around packing, etc.  I do not switch gears very easily. 
     I'm a girl who likes to PLAN.  I want to know way in advance how things are going to go.  I already had designs for my long weekend with just me and my youngest.  I was going to stain a piece of furniture and do some cleaning out and re-arranging of furniture and such.  (You know, what you always do when you have an almost empty house.)
     I knew in my heart that at some point during the trip I would say, "This is why I was supposed to be here."  It happened more than once.  God had a perfect plan.  He always does.  My husband was able to stay home and heal.  He was also able to get a lot of his doctoral studies/assignments finished.  I was able to spend three whole days just hanging out with my oldest son.  Not something I get to do very often.  Momma didn't have to cook, do laundry or clean the house.  Instead, I was able to go out to eat with my oldest and his friends, praise the Lord in worship with my son, jam (I know that's an 80's word!) out to some great Christian bands with him and hear God's word preached.  I was still his mom...but it was nice not to be in our regular routine.  I am so thankful for the time we had together.  I hope he remembers that trip for a long time.  I know I will.  :)  
  

1 comment:

Kristen @ Celebrate Every Day With Me said...

I am a planner too (a former wedding planner actually). I love knowing what is going on, what is next and having my list nearby lol! God certainly knows how to stretch us. Glad you had such a nice time with your son. :)