Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Friday, April 6, 2012

Decorating my Mantle for Easter

I have found decorating for Easter to be a bit of a challenge.  There are lots and lots of Easter bunnies out there, sure.  I just wanted my decor to focus more on our Savior and what Easter really means.  I find these type of decorations hard to come by.  If I do find them, they seem kind of "tacky".  (I know, I'm probably not shopping in the right store!)  I wanted to show you what I came up with this Easter for the mantle above the fireplace.   



I love my rusty cross candle holder someone from our church gave me.  I found the nest of eggs on clearance last year.  (One of the eggs is covered in moss...I like!)

The cross is a symbol of what Christ did for all of us...and the eggs the symbol of new life He gives!

I took down my fireplace grate and put up my spring/summer fireplace cover made by my dad.  He found some old closet doors at the dump and made this!  I added the green paint, which I got for free from ordering a paint sample.  Yeah! 

The verse on the plate is one of my son's Bible Drill verses, so it serves double-duty!  I love changing out verses/messages on this plate! 



Have a Blessed Good Friday and a Happy Easter!!


No comments: