Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

GratiTuesday-- Timothy+Barnabas Pastor's Retreat

 
 
 
     You may have noticed I didn't write any posts last week.  I was on a great trip with my preacher husband.  We attended the Timothy+Barnabas Pastor's Retreat (led byJohnny and Janet Hunt ) in Gatlinburg, GA.  It our first time ever to attend something like this.  By the end of the week I had that same feeling you get when you've been at church camp for a week.  I was exhausted, but spiritually rejuvenated.
     I am so grateful for this special time I had with my husband and other pastors and their wives.  Over the next several days, I will share a little each day about the time we had there. 
    
~~~~~
     I was so surprised when we got there at the amount of wives that attended with their husbands!  I think practically every preacher brought his wife.  This was so encouraging to see!  I know I wouldn't want to ever miss out on an opportunity to go to something like this with my preacher husband. 
     Each morning, all the wives met together for several hours.  We had many different women share/speak.  I think the one that spoke to me most directly was Kathy Ferguson Litton. (You can read more about her ministry and story here.) 
      
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Cristy said...

Kathy Litton is my pastor's wife. I am glad she ministered to you.

(I always read your blog and enjoy it.)

Unknown said...

Wow! I knew of her before the conference, and was so excited when I had the opportunity to hear her in person! She did a great job speaking on "influence".